3rd May 2008
Perhaps this book will point out some of the “best things” because this would be one of those days when I can come up with no reasons of my own. I think all stepmom’s need a copy of this one. My FIL sent this to me for my last birthday per my Amazon wish list. I’m glad he did. I think every type of stepmom, CSM (custodial step mom) LDNC (long distance non custodial) or SM no bios can find at least a FEW points they can relate to in this little gem of a book….
* “Now you have an excuse to rent 101 Dalmations.” (or insert latest Disney or Pixar flick here.)
* “Just when you thought you were done with all those “growth” and “character building” experiences, here’s a biggie!” (That’s an understatement.)
* “If you ever decide to have kids of your own, you’ve had practice.” (Hmm…if this is what parenting is REALLY like, this experience is not a selling point for giving birth to my own….)
* “It’s likely that you’ll slide under the radar when it comes to being on the list of parents who are asked to chaperone school dances.” (The BB goes out of her way to prevent my SS’s father from being involved in his life AT ALL, no worries on this front, it will NEVER happen.)
* “You can teach him how to speak pig latin toward the end of your weekend, knowing that the novelty will have worn off by the next visit.”
I think the key is to focus on what I have with my husband on days like these.
* ” A relationship that is cemented not only by shared joy but also by shared challenges and sorrows is a stronger one with deeper roots.”