Washington Shared Parenting

October 10, 2011

Why can’t I email my Division of Child Support Case Worker?

Filed under: Uncategorized — jjohnston @ 2:07 am

Division of CHild Support Email addresses found hereIt’s simple, they don’t want you to.  They want to speak to you real time, so they can bully you and help you understand who is in control of who, and they don’t want you to document their discussion.  Remember, they are a collection agency, and you can be certain they are documenting the conversation – in fact, they are required to by Federal law if they are going to get paid for collecting from you.

So, we’ve made it simple for you.  Go to http://dshs.washingtonsharedparenting.com and look up your case workers email address from the 20,000 plus emails we have gotten for you via the public disclosure process.   See, we listen to you.  We noticed the number one reason people found our site was that they were looking for an email address for DSHS.   DSHS has chosen as an Agency to Opt-out of the State of Washington’s email system.  Yep, the largest agency in the State, and one that is 100% public facing, has decided that email is bad for them.  Well, they have actually said it is bad for the public to use it to communicate with them.  They use it extensively for their work, but don’t let you.

We recommend only communicating with them via email.  Look em up,  if they aren’t there, insist on the address, and then send it to info@washingtonsharedparenting.com so we can add it to our database.

While you are at it, ask them for a copy of your case notes.  You need those several times a year, just so you know what is going on with your case – don’t expect them to tell you.  You can get them as a public records request – they must give them to you.  IF they don’t – contact us at info@washingtonsharedparenting.com – they will give them up, the cost for them not to is too high.

1 Comment

  1. This is an awesome resource. Non-custodial parents should use this to request a copy of their case notes from DCS. Do not speak to them on the phone, you need to document your conversations with them, so do it via email only.

    Comment by Snoco Sum Biatch — November 21, 2011 @ 4:24 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress